Whether you are you buying or setting up a new franchise or selling your franchise - we can assist you every step of the way. We have assisted many franchise owners/buyers to review their proposed or existing franchise agreement.
Buying a franchise
If you are buying a new business, including a franchise, it is important for you to understand your risks and obligations. Only by knowing these things can you take adequate steps to set up a compliance system to protect you from defaulting under your franchise agreement.
We can assist you by reviewing the Franchise Agreement and Disclosure Document and providing practical, expert legal advice in relation to:
* limitations that apply when the business is sold
* obligations when the agreement comes to an end
* ability to terminate the franchise agreement, or transfer it to another person
* the franchisor ‘s ability to compete directly with the franchisee
* how the franchise territory defined
* the range and size of fees being paid to the franchisor
* your marketing obligations
* performance targets, and what happens if there is a downturn in business
* how the guarantee clauses work